Beehive Cheese Company, Union Grill and Roosters Brewing Company and Restaurant will unite for the sixth annual Union of the Birds and Bees, a signature tasting event. The Union of the Birds and Bees will take place May 12 from 5:30 to 9 p.m. at Ogden’s Historic Union Station. New this year, the event beneficiary is the Union Station Foundation.
“Roosters along with our friends at Beehive Cheese are making this year’s Union of the Birds and Bees our largest celebration to date. The best part, it benefits a deserving organization that educates and celebrates our community’s history and culture - the Union Station Foundation,” said Kym Buttschardt, owner of Roosters Brewing Company and Restaurant.
Beehive Cheesemaker Tim Welsh, Roosters Brewmaster Steve Kirkland and Roosters Chef and Owner Pete Buttschardt will collaborate to offer culinary delights prepared with award-winning Beehive Cheese. Roosters’ will serve a selection of their finest brews.
The Celtic rockers Pladdohg will fill Historic Union Station’s Grand Lobby with music for the ultimate vibe.
The Union of the Birds and Bees menu includes:
• Sliced beef medallions served on a fluffy bed of Beehive Promontory mashed potatoes, topped with a dollop of Pepperlane preserves
• Raclette of melted Beehive Promontory with Rosemary over roasted potatoes – an annual favorite
• Mini carne asada tacos with Beehive Smoked Habanero and fresh pico de gallo
• Smoked St. Louis ribs prepared with a Barely Buzzed-inspired rub of espresso and lavender served with a killer sidecar of Beehive Habanero mac-n-cheese
• Caprese-style salad of tomatoes, basil, Beehive Fresh and fresh green beans for good measure
• Lamb meatballs topped with caramelized onions prepared with Roosters Honey Wheat brew and a sidecar of farfalle and Beehive Aggiano
• Wide selection of Beehive cheeses served with a cone of shaved Creminelli charcuterie
• Beehive cheesy polenta with southwestern roasted vegetable salsa
• Utahan poutine - Golden french fries topped with fresh Beehive Cheese Curds, smothered in Diamondback Ale gravy
• Delicious assortment of Union Grill desserts
“We invite everyone to attend this unforgettable evening and support a cause that is an historic landmark,” said Buttschardt. “For our Salt Lake and Davis County guests remember the Front Runner train is an excellent option and allows almost front door service to Historic Union Station.”
Tickets are $50 per person and are available online at www.beehivecheese.com. Tickets may also be purchased on site at Beehive Cheese Creamery, Roosters Ogden and Layton locations or at Union Grill. Guests will receive a commemorative glass to mark the occasion.
The Union Station Foundation is the beneficiary of the 2012 Union of the Birds and Bees event. The Union Station Foundation celebrates our community’s history, memory and culture through the preservation of the historic train depot. Ogden Union Station is home to the Utah State Railroad Museum, Spencer S. Eccles Rail Center, the John M. Browning Firearms Museum and the Browning-Kimball Classic Car Museum. Through the museums, the Foundation seeks to educate the public about the significant role that Ogden played as the junction of the railroads and the expansion of America.